Monday, February 16, 2009

Tired of Winter

Winter has taken its toll. We now live in "iceberg city". It hasn't been warm long enough any day to very quickly decrease the piles of snow that have turned to ice. A few skiffs of snow have taken off some of the grunginess of the dirt splashed mounds along the side of the streets.

So we cope by having "inside" fun.



Ruthie's birthday.






Saying "Goodbye, for now."










This was the "January thaw". I saw that official name for it in the paper.












Pottery is always a good diversion. Look at that concentration!!










Can't forget the Valentine goodies.










AND Monica's "Sweet 16" birthday!!




























4 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

So now I comment on my own Blog. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the duplicate picture. Maybe someone can help me.

Becky Z said...

Go into 'edit', select the picture and hit delete.

hugs!

Anonymous said...

Winter sure is getting long- every morning Nolan has been waking up and saying-"Its not a summer day yet" with a little longing sigh.

farmermarvswife said...

I'm sorry to say this but it really is hard imagining the snow from down here! I'll have a real adjustment when I get home, I'm afraid! Keep up the activities so cabin fever doesn't overtake! Minnie